Saturday, December 5, 2009

He's Paying Attention...

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY…“When I call, give me answers. God, take my side! Once, in a tight place you gave me room. Now I’m in trouble again; Grace me! Hear me!” ~Psalms 4:1(message)
HE’S PAYING ATTENTION…It’s our nature to get into trouble. We don’t mean to, we don’t go looking for it, in fact we usually don’t even know how it finds us so easily. But it happens. Our inability to see around corners and living in a fallen world seems to invite trouble. The scripture above is one of David’s great prayers. I truly resonate with this one. I need God to answer me when I call…don’t you? I need to feel God is taking my side and not just doing what’s best for the universe…you too? When I am in a tight place, I really need preferential attention from Him. I need him to move the crushing weight off of me before it kills me. Can you relate with that need for His immediacy? I also recognize that I need to be graced. I need His divine favor to flow into my life and my situation. And sometimes desperately quick. Finally, I just need to know I’ve been heard. I need the same feedback from God that I would need from you if I were sharing a heart-felt need. I need an occasional nod, eyes of compassion and evidence of someone deeply listening to my saga. I’m quite sure you need that too. Let me venture this thought. It’s more God’s nature to pay close attention to us than our nature to pay attention to Him. Let’s not make the mistake He’s only as attentive as we are. He’s Here! He’s Present! He’s Paying Attention! ~verlon

1 comment:

  1. In a tight place...For those that have seen "Oh brother where art thou" With Gorge Clooney. There is a part in the film where our three friends having escaped from Jail/farm are held up in a barn now surrounded by the police and The Boss-man (Boss is an evil entity, wears sunglass at night, fire is reflected in them often, and he is portrayed as "evil". Our three imperfect boys up in the hay loft Jump up from their slumber at the call of "All right Come out your surrounded" and they light the barn on fire before they are even able to comply...
    George Clooney Jumps up and says "Were in tight spot" a couple of times as this tragedy unfolds in a most humorous and well timed delivery... My Point in this is; As these three are often at each other in their character differences, adverse circumstances, and their fellowship is constantly tested by events. They Stick together as one and as imperfect as they are... Prevail...With God's help....My Question is should we do any less when were in "A tight spot"? Life is full of them individually and together. If you have not seen the film..see it! Be there in each other's Fellowship together as one...Building each other up not tearing each other down...And like in this movie send that powerful message that only God's Great Spirit can deliver us into..Unity Prevails each in one and all in one...Jesus Christ..When one is down we Hold him up and when we are down we are held up too...We can get though the tight Spots....
    God is paying attention..We must supply the unified alacrity in and of the Spirit.. as one in Him .

    Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:29-32 NIV

    ReplyDelete