Wednesday, December 9, 2009

After We Lose...

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY…“The Lord says, I will give you back what you lost…The threshing floors will again be piled high with grain and the presses will overflow with new wine and olive oil.” ~Joel 2:25,24
AFTER WE LOSE…Loss is a part of this fallen world. For every 2 steps forward we will take a step backwards. The construction worker labors hard for his paycheck, but he gets sawdust in his eyes and slivers in his fingers in doing so. The athlete trains their body and tunes their muscles, but injury is part of the journey of performing at their best. The business person works hard at putting together relationships and making deals, yet some of them still come unglued costing their company huge dollars. Loss is present almost every day. We lose positions, we lose influence, we lose faith in others, we lose money, we lose belongings, we lose friends, we lose health, we lose family to death and when we lose too much, we even lose confidence in God. But what happens next? What about after loss? If we’re still here, there just has to be an after, right? The above verse is one of the classics. Israel had lost huge. They had lost their focus on God and that brought loss in every other area. They found themselves despairing for even food. Then these words were given to them. This is a great example of what happens after loss. God see’s to it we are offered a tomorrow. A good tomorrow. In fact a great tomorrow. We perceive loss as the end of the road. That’s actually not true. God will again offer us options of blessing…He still builds tomorrows. ~verlon

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 46:1-2
    God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
    Psalm 27:4-5
    One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
    I like your point of the Sword today...It is a sharp world poking us from time to time too.. I like these two verses. (46) " We Will not fear but there will be trouble" and (27) "In days of trouble- safety in his fortress/The Tabernacle (Hebrew משכן, mishkan, "residence" or "dwelling place"), " Reminds me that in bad times we must ask the lord, seek his shelter, and dwell with him in this most Holy of place...

    Psalm 71:20-21
    Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.
    Third (71) You shall scorn the hunters dart no matter how many and bitter the down falls of a fallen world. "Restored with honor and comfort again!" Remember: "הכל טוב חוץ פישל חלקים." אנגלוס

    ReplyDelete