Saturday, August 28, 2010

Raise His Voice...

Many individuals don’t like the idea that God might get angry with them. But there is a very close association between love and anger. Look at this verse…
“All you saints, sing your hearts out to God! Thank Him to his face! He gets angry once in a while, but across a lifetime there is only love.” ~Psalms 30:4
Notice the close correlation between anger and love. I am not speaking of violent and demeaning anger; rather the kind of anger that makes one react when their partner or friend is destructing themselves or the relationship. I would say that if there isn’t the potential of anger in a relationship then there is not real love. If one of my children kept walking out in the road where trucks speed by, there would come a time when I would get angry at them for continuing to put themselves in harms way. After-all, I don’t want them to become horribly injured. I want them to be in my life all of our days. If I never got angry with them when they were doing harmful things, it would suggest I didn’t care enough about them to fight for their safety and blessing. God loves us so much that He want us free from destruction. He wants to walk with us and enjoy us as we have a great life together. So what if He does get a bit worked up if we play fast and lose with destructive elements? It means He loves us enough and is pulling for our best enough to RAISE HIS VOICE AT US when we consider harmful paths. ~Verlon

No comments:

Post a Comment