Wednesday, August 4, 2010

He's Doing Something...

We tend to be very self-centric. I’m not talking about being selfish, though selfishness can be one of it’s symptoms. Rather I’m thinking about the pressure that the self-centric approach to life puts on us to make our life happen. Where is there room for God to initiate things???
“Then God said to me, ‘Look, I’ve got the ball rolling…Sihon and his land are soon yours. Go ahead, take it’.” ~Deut. 2:31 [MSG]
Here God was speaking to Moses about what He was setting up for Israel. It’s clear that Moses had absolutely nothing to do with this plan, except to enter into it once God pointed it out. It was God and God alone that ‘got the ball rolling’ for them. God has always been at work in the earth. Our faith tells us that He is always at work in our lives too. It makes me wonder what balls God is rolling into place for you and me? Interesting question isn’t it. We tend to ask for God’s leadership, then pretty much solve things on our own. That’s the American way. While there is value to being a resourceful people, it’s possible that we never develop an eye for what God might be setting up for us. Somewhere in this self-centric approach there is a flaw in our faith. Let’s take a moment to look deeper than our resources and plans; I wonder what God might be rolling into place for you right now? What is He setting up? I assure you HE’S DOING SOMETHING! ~Verlon

No comments:

Post a Comment