Monday, November 16, 2009

Never Abandoned...

NEVER ABANDONED…We sure live in interesting days. We are watching wages drop, while prices continue to soar. With every news cycle comes another American company or industry announcing that it’s on the verge of toppling. This last month, its another bank. Where is this all going to go? For those who walk with Christ, is there some kind of a safety net beneath us? Well, actually yes. You just can’t separate God from who He is. And one of His undeniable identities is…THE PROVIDER!
“Don’t love money, be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, I will
never fail you. I will never abandon you. So we can say with confidence,
The Lord is my helper so I will have no fear.” ~Hebrews 13:5-6
The person who loves money can’t handle touch financial times. By nature we come to rely on what we love. So the person that loves money, is relying upon it. Days like we are facing are extremely unstable for people who are relying on money. There is something so much greater to rely upon than money…The faithfulness of God! God’s support doesn’t go in and out like the waves of the sea. He shows up every day…watches over our lives every day…provides for us every day…supplements us every day…every day…every day. He is our daily provider, and that’s something we can take to the bank…every day. Many are waking up this morning feeling abandoned by their money. Their confidence is rocked, and they don’t know who is going to craft a ‘bail out’ for them. They are afraid. But for the person who never wove a reliance on money into the foundation of their hope…this day is no different than two years ago when Seattle was booming. God is as faithful today as He was then. No abandonment …no fear…still seeing solid reasons for confidence…still receiving daily help… just like always! Do you need a new reliance today? ~verlon

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having Jesus as a greatest Love. Does it mean while we don't love money as Christians above him, that we are to be reckless with it?...Lord knows I am..No shame in it though. Hope others don't judge me by this...But, in all honesty I would not put your millions in my hands... ...It Don't make me a bad guy though. Just Honest..... "I'm only Good at what I'm good at." Angelos
    Angelos said...
    I may not be Warren Buffet and while I'm sure I am not Bernie Madoff. I am surely Grateful for the gifts God has given me though.....Those I count as true wealth....


    Angelos said...
    PS...This does mean in knowing this,having faced it, that if I seek others that are good at it, that I could do better...Never Abandoned means always in good company,fellowship,and God...Team effort is of one body....Confident...

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I say reckless ..I don't mean wine, women Gambling, and drugs...More like...
    Credit cards, big truck when could have been more economic, loans I wish I had not made, and even steak when it should be hamburger sometimes....Fortunately the Lord keeps me thin enough to fit through the eye of the needle...So when I say reckless..I mean not spending the little I have as wisely and as prudent as I could........

    ReplyDelete