Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Personal...

It’s hard for us as mere humans to imagine what it is like to be God. That inability can create a distance between us and our God. Some see Him as a ‘force’. Others try to conceive of Him as the CEO of the universe who only handles big concerns. Still others feel forced to rely upon Him because they are in need, but are uncomfortable to be so close and struggle with the survivalist relationship. But look how God wanted to be known…
“I’ll set up my residence in your neighborhood, I won’t avoid or shun you, I’ll stroll through your streets. I’ll be your God, you’ll be my people. I am God, your personal God who rescued you.” ~Lev. 26:11-12
Look at the many relate-able overtures God gave in this verse; “set up residence, be in the neighborhood, stroll down the streets, be you’re God, be my people”. These are close and endearing images aren’t they? And of course, these pictures of close proximity and warm sentiments are meant for us to ponder as well. There is a great corner taken when a follower of Christ realizes that the divine relationship isn’t a contract, it’s a relationship. It isn’t a distant law of the universe to be understood, it’s to be lived in close proximity of our lives. Our relationship with God is many things, but most of all IT’S PERSONAL! ~Verlon

1 comment:

  1. Really Love this...Many levels of this in us as we express him too in our Neighborhoods.. Per"son"aly...This is a 10 on the Jesus scale today....Good Pick and an even Greater God..

    ReplyDelete