Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pondering The Love Of God...

Following the leadership of the Lord can be hard at times. Especially when we feel He is saying 'no' to something we really want, or advising us to engage in something when we really don't want to engage in. These are the times when we most want to wrestle the control of our lives away from Him. So, how do we strengthen our resolve to follow Him no-matter-what?
"I reflect at night on who you are, O Lord; therefore, I obey your instructions". ~Psalm 119:55
This was David's secret of followership. He meditated upon God's trustworthiness in the evenings when he was falling asleep, so he would be more prone to follow the still small voice of God during the days. This is brilliant! The loud voice of self-will is going to show up in all of us - in the heat of the moment. If we haven't filled up our awareness of God's deep and abiding love for us in the night, it will overwhelm us. Is it possible that we can overwhelm the voice of self-will before it overwhelms our desire to hear and follow our Lord? When I take time to reflect on my Lord it doesn't take long before I am thinking about His great love for me and the purity of His motivations for my life. He is worthy of our trust in His leadership! Perhaps it is the wisest use of our evenings - PONDERING THE LOVE OF GOD! ~Verlon

No comments:

Post a Comment