Saturday, April 24, 2010

Enough...

We all like to know in advance what is happening. But it doesn’t take long in this adult life for us to realize that’s seldom possible. Life is an adventure. So is our spiritual journey…
“Moses said to God, you tell me to lead this people, but you don’t let me know whom you’re going to send with me. Let me in on your plans. God said, my presence will go with you. I’ll see the journey to the end”. Exodus 33:12-14
Moses had just come down from the mountain and found the Israelites dancing around a golden calf. Though he’d only been their leader for a few months, he was already tired of their wayward tendencies and faithlessness. He found himself looking at God wondering who was going to help him with this assignment. That was code for ‘I’m thinking about quitting’. God’s answer to Moses is one we all need to contemplate for a moment. God simply promised His presence for the entirety of the journey. God didn’t fill in any of the blanks for Moses, nor did He reveal any of the earthly resources that would become available in the future for Israel. He simply promised His presence. But of course, in so doing it meant Moses would never end up in a spot without God’s oversight, God’s leadership and God’s continual supply. For Moses, that was enough! That same promise was given to us. Right before Jesus ascended He said, “I will be with you always, even to the end of the age”. His continual presence is ours. The question is, do we believe that’s ENOUGH! ~Verlon

1 comment:

  1. His presence...See it Everyday..only thing that amazes me, is that others don't see what is right in front of them... This is Not A judgement..The Israelites did'nt see it too..I don't think they forgot , they just did'nt remember..Seems to be in Man's nature then and now...

    ReplyDelete