Monday, October 11, 2010

Heal The Ache...

Walking with God takes us many places. In fact, if we are committed to keeping up with Him, we will walk where He wants to walk. Look at this place in society where the timeless God has always shown up…
“Into the hovels of the poor, into the dark streets where the homeless groan, God speaks: ‘I’ve had enough, I’m on my way to heal the ache in the heart of the wretched’.” ~Psalms 12:5
God has a special eye for those who are at the bottom. Further He has poured His healing into that corner of society. Healing happens most where the need is greatest. Jesus modeled the same thing and spent a great deal of his time healing and breathing life into the poor. When the Pharisee’s questioned him about eating with the slaves; He simply responded that it was the sick who need a doctor, not the healthy. In other words, He was again representing His Father by showing up with the poor with healing in His hands. Here’s my point: if we want to walk closely with God we will at times go places and be with people who are at the bottom. And when we get there we will see the healing flow of Christ like we’ve probably never seen before. It will actually flow right out of our own hands. Our merciful God has always had an eye for the poor. And He has always hoped that His sons and daughters would go with Him to help HEAL THE ACHE. ~verlon

1 comment:

  1. Into the hovels of the poor, into the dark streets where the homeless groan, God speaks: ‘I’ve had enough, I’m on my way to heal the ache in the heart of the wretched’.” ~Psalms 12:5
    I Really like this...Plus it goes well with the Aches i have today...May I never forget that others have greater one's than I..."In Jesus's Mighty Name"

    ReplyDelete