Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Safe-House...

I have noticed something about myself, that if I have an answer to something I am not all that frustrated when challenges come my way. If I know how to fix something, it is not all that bothersome when it breaks. I get really irritated however, if something is broken and I have no way to repair it. Have you stopped to count up how many fixes our faith provides for us?
“God is a safe-house for the battered, a sanctuary during bad times. The moment you arrive, you relax; you’re never sorry you knocked.” ~Psalms 9:9-10
When things get bad, no problem, we have someplace we can run. When temptation presses against us, no problem, we have a Savior. When sickness visits us, no problem, we have a Healer. When finances become lean, no problem, we have a provider. This is the real stuff of faith, that we have real places to run. And it is a good thing, because life intersperses the sun with some rain and some irritations amidst the blessings. I don’t know about you, but I can deal with the challenges so long as I remember that God has provided a place for me to run if things get too hairy. I have A SAFE-HOUSE! So do you. ~Verlon

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing...I was just trying to put into words what WCC Means to me...A Safe House for everyone...WCC Must be one of his..No matter the Challenges...I always feel that way about it...

    ReplyDelete